Saturday, April 16, 2011

Shingles scars

I am so relieved and grateful that I don't have severe postherpatic neuralgia from my bout with shingles about two months ago. I think I'm fully recovered! I don't have any discomfort in the spots where I had blisters, BUT I have been noticing discomfort in my left armpit. This is the same discomfort I felt when I had my blisters. My lymph nodes aren't noticeably swollen. The pain only noticeably occurs when I am stressed out. The semester is ending so lab reports and exams have been keeping me busy. Maybe it's nerve damage? It's a possibility. I've asked a few people and they don't really know...Well here are some pics of my scars. I remember being told that shingles doesn't leave scars if I let them heal properly. As hard as it was, I resisted popping most of my blisters. I still have scars and they look like they'll be there for a while. I'm really fortunate this isn't on my face nor anywhere really visible. Yahhhhhh...I'm so glad I don't have those monsters on my skin. My heart goes out to anyone who battle shingles long term or widespread. I had a small, mild case that cleared up fairly quickly and it feels like it took over my life--a mere fraction of what others deal with.

I still have that band where the tape was at. That band is slowly going away.

about two weeks ago:






about 10 minutes ago:



9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I have you beat! 19 and with shingles!! I'm not on any sort of medication, I did a shit ton of research cus I didn't feel like going to the doctors. I'm at the nasty red angry blisters stage :( but I haven't felt THAT much pain yet. Thanks so much for your blog, it certainly helped :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too but where are yours at?

      Delete
    2. It can get very bad if you don't go to the doctor. You won't be laughing when you're in agony. The longer you wait the worse it gets...I waited a week.& my doctor said I shouldve came in ASAP

      Delete
  3. Dude I actually have them on my face -.- they let out this oily crap that gets in my eye and omg it burns sooo bad ! Im at day 5 and i cant wait til the scabbing day idc how i look after

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your blog! It certainly helps so much to see exactly how this nasty disease progresses! I'm on day 7 and can't wait to get well. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm only 17 and i was diagnosed with shingles 3 days ago :( Never realised i was so unhealthy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know there are still a lot of people suffering from different health issues and are therefore looking for solution. I bring you Good news. There is a man called Dr ROBINSON BUCKLER a herbal practitioner who helped cure me from Genital herpes and shingles, this i had suffered from for the past 2years and i have spent so much money trying to survive from it. I got my healing by taking the herbal medicine he sent to me to drink for about 14days . 14days after completion of the dosage, I went for a medical checkup and I was tested Genital Herpes NEGATIVE. I’m sharing this so that other people can know of this great healer called Dr ROBINSON BUCKLER because I got to know him through a friend he cured from too. I was made to understand that he can cure several other deadly diseases and infections. Don’t die in ignorance and don’t let that illness take your life. Contact Dr ROBINSON BUCKLER through his email........................robinsonbuckler@ ((h o t m a i l.)) com 🙁

    ReplyDelete
  7. Herpes is a serious and recurrent condition that cannot be cured by drugs or injections by US doctors, but the best way to fight against herpes is to take natural herbal remedies, I red about DR JAMES, the great herbalist who cures people of herpes  virus with his powerful herbal medicine. I contacted him to find out how he could help me and he told me never to be afraid that he would help me with the natural herbs medicine! After 2 days of contacting him he told me the medicine is ready and he sent it to me via DHL COURIER SERVICE and it got me in 3 days! I used the medication as he prescribed for me (MORNING and EVENING) and was cured! It's really like a dream, but I'm so happy! For people suffering from the following diseases,Shingles,MS,Bullous Pemphigoid,Diabetes, cancer,Pcos, hypothyroidism, Herpes, COPD, HIV, arthritis, Hpv, infections, liver disease, autoimmune diseases, Parkinson's disease, Lupus and more should contact him for his herbal medicine, because I am a living witness and I was cured of herpes virus. and DR James medicine is legitimate. I sent him what he asked for and he sent me his medication which I took for 2 weeks and today I am here with a negative result. When I went for the test, I was so happy after I took his herbal mix medicine.CONTACT DR JAMES FOR A PERMANENT CURE  Email: drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete